Thursday, February 11, 2010

Hats and flowers

The past few days I have been suffering from a bad tooth. I finally had it pulled but that is another kind of pain as well. Needless to say I haven't been able to follow my normal routine. Thus I had to figure out something to keep myself entertained and keep my mind off all the house work I should be doing. Here's what I've been doing (along with a few chick flicks and naps he he he). Hats and flowers... This is Madison Modeling the first hat I made along with the first of this style of flower The hat was a bit smaller than I had hoped so for the next one I added a few rounds to the top.
and as you can see Bailee is modeling what turned out to be a floppy style hat. Not exactly what I was aiming for but I really like it....and so do my girls. I'll have to make more of these.
This green one is my favorite! I love how cute it turned out...but I stitched it with a different type of yarn and it is way too small for my girls. I think next time I'll add one extra round at the top and maybe get a happy medium of the too small and the floppy hat.
This is the new flowers I have been making. Way cute and WAY easy. I think it is the simplest I've done yet. The single layer (below) is quite small but I like the dainty look of it. The double layer (above) Is a better size for older teens or adults and a fun twist with the gem as a center.
As you can see I have been able to keep myself entertained while I recover from a bad tooth.

No comments: