Wednesday, February 9, 2011

I caught the quilting bug

It started out with me asking myself a simple question "What do I want to make for the kids for Christmas this year?". Of the three gifts they get from us one of them is always home made. Believe me when I say every year that gets harder to do. This year I didn't want to do something that costs a lot because our budget is pretty tight from all the medical bills we have had this year.

I remembered that about 5 years ago I had bought sheets to use for the backs of some Levi quilts for the kids but when I finished cutting up all the Levis we had I didn't even have enough for one quilt so they all went into a box and I started collecting Levis from friends and family. I figured I should have enough by now and decided that would be my project.

I was a little worried since it was after Thanksgiving and I was scheduled for surgery the first week in December but I went for it anyway. It's only 5 quilts I can do that right?? (maybe)
All the girl's quilts have the same bright colored flower print used as an accent and then they all have a color from the pattern on the back of the quilt. The one above is Madison's with a light pink background, and I even have some of the girls old pants with light pink designed on them that I used on hers. You can see one of the squares just up a few squares from where the back is folded over.
Harrisen's favorite color is green and I had this cute green plaid to accent his with along with a few squares of a solid green. his has a navy background with the green binding.
Bailee's is the dark pink and I had some jeans with dark pink on them I used on hers though it's harder to tell in the picture. The point of the fold points to one of them, it's kind of an R shape on the pocket.
Alex's is lime green, her favorite color.
and Kirsti's is teal, her favorite color.

I'll have to post pictures of the others later since I haven't taken them yet ha ha
Mike's:
Mike's dad's:
Mike's mom's:
My mom's:
and for my best friend Eve:

as I was going through fabric to figure out what to make the ones for mike's mom, my mom and Eve I came across these that I wanted to make for my home, not that they match my living room or anything but I like having a quilt to throw over my while I'm watching TV on cold winter nights.
I love the bright colors
Now I'm working on another one in various shades of blue for the guest room Yeah me! I'm having fun.

No comments: